Historic Virginia Wine Pourer
Celebrate the "Old Dominion" with this gorgeous commemorative Virginia wine pourer.
Hailed as the "Mother of Presidents," eight of Virginia's native sons attained the nation's highest office: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, Zachary Taylor, and Woodrow Wilson. Although the state beverage is milk, many Virginians also love wine and have founded over 230 wineries. In fact, as of 2013, Virginia was tied with Texas as the fifth-largest wine-grape-growing state. As the natives say, "Virginia is for lovers." We have tried to capture some of this rustic, southern romance with our wine pourer design—it's sure to delight couples and history buffs alike!
Here are some fun facts about Virginia:
- Bird: Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis)
- Butterfly: Tiger Swallowtail butterfly (Papilio glaucus)
- Dog breed: American Foxhound (Canis lupis familiaris)
- Fish: Brook trout, striped bass
- Flower: Flowering Dogwood
- Beverage: Milk
- Dance: Square dance
- Fossil: Chesapecten jeffersonius
- Rock: Nelsonite
- Shell: Eastern oyster
- Slogan: "Virginia is for lovers"
- Song: "Our Great Virginia"
- Tartan: Virginia Quadcentennial Tartan
Our Virginia state wine pourer is crafted from durable stainless steal with a hardy silicon stopper.